If you do not have a fully executed, written contract with your employer for the O-1 Visa petition, do not worry. These 2 Top Tips will help you plan and build evidence to meet the contract requirement.
- Submit a deal memo, group of emails, or other writing that meets the requirements of a basic contract, that shows there was an offer, acceptance, and what you are doing for the employer in exchange for compensation.
- The deal memo or group of emails must collectively present the following information:
- an offer – the employer asked you to work for them or offered you the job.
- Acceptance – you agreed to work for them or accepted the job offer.
- the payment or other compensation – how much the employer will pay you per hour/week/month/year, and if they are giving you any other benefits such as room and boarding, covering commuting costs, etc.
- the position – what is the title?
- employment address – where will you be working?
- the job duties – what projects are you being hired for or what are your general duties?
- Hours – what are your work hours or the term of the project?