3 Top Tips to Find an Employer to File a Green Card Visa Petition for You When You Have Less than Two Years Left to Graduate or are in a Masters Degree Program as an International Student

These Two Top Tips will help you to plan and strategize to maximize your options for getting a Green Card employer sponsorship before you graduate or after you graduate. Your chances of getting the Green Card sponsorship are higher if you begin planning in your first or second year of college. If you only have one to two years until you graduate, or are in a Master’s Program, then you must be extremely qualified or develop a strategy for getting the Green Card, after getting a temporary work visa such as an H-1B, O Visa, or L Visa.

1. Have an Employer File a Temporary Work Visa Petition

Find an employer that will sponsor you for a temporary work visa such as a H1-B, O Visa, or L Visa. Why? An employer will be much more likely and willing to file a temporary work visa petition than a Green Card based petition. A temporary work visa requires less commitment and investment from the Employer. It allows the Employer to see how you work, contribute to their company, and make a more informed decision about whether they would like to keep you on. This increases your chances for obtaining Green Card sponsorship from the same employer or another employer due to the experience you will gain and the connections you will make while on the temporary work visa.

2. Develop Unique Skills, Specialized Knowledge, and Technical Skills

The job positions for an EB-2 and EB-3 require a showing of certain skills, knowledge, and technical qualifications. Spend 2-3 years to become highly qualified, through courses, certifications, and other licenses; and acquire senior level experience or unique skills, knowledge, and technical qualifications before approaching an employer to sponsor you for a Green Card visa.

3. Have Qualifications that Not Many U.S. Workers Have: Degrees, Languages, Leadership and/or Management Experience.

The whole point of the EB-2 or EB-2 visa is that the employer is telling the government that they could not find a qualified U.S. employee for a job posting and that is why they want to sponsor you and the government should give you a Green Card. Therefore, you need to stand out with qualifications that not many people in the U.S. have, including degrees in demanding industries, language abilities, and leadership and/or management experience.

Related Posts