For O-1A: Are you in sciences, education, business, or athletics?
In order to qualify for the O-1A Visa, you must meet three of the following requirements.
- Receipt of major nationally or internationally recognized awards or prizes;
- Membership in associations in the field which require outstanding achievements of their members;
- Evidence of the beneficiary’s prior employment in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation;
- Copies of articles, papers and other publications authored by the employee;
- Evidence of judging the work of others;
- Article(s) written about employee’s work;
- Evidence of original contributions;
- Evidence of the beneficiary’s high salary within the field; or
- Other evidence.
For O-1B: Are you in the arts or the motion picture or the entertainment industry?
In order to qualify for the O-1B Visa, you must meet three of the following requirements.
- Evidence that the beneficiary has performed and will perform as a lead or starring participant in productions or events that have a distinguished reputation as evidenced by critical reviews, advertisements, publicity releases, publications contracts, or endorsements;
- Evidence that the beneficiary has achieved national or international recognition for achievements in the field as evidenced by critical reviews or other published materials by or about the individual in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, or other publications;
- Evidence that the beneficiary has a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes, as evidenced by title, rating, standing in the field, box office receipts, and other occupational achievements reported in publications;
- Evidence that the beneficiary has received significant recognition from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts;
- Evidence that the beneficiary commands or will command a high salary or other remuneration for services in relation to others in the field; or
- Evidence that the beneficiary has performed and will perform in a lead or starring role for organizations that have a distinguished reputation.
Reach out to our O-1 visa lawyers by sending us a message or calling our firm at 646-225-1727 to see if we can help you.