Student Visas

Comparing and Contrasting Your F-1 Student Visa Work Options: OPT v. CPT

You may currently be in the U.S. on a F-1 Visa, and want to work. You have heard of “OPT” and “CPT” but do not know much about these employment authorization options and are not sure what the difference is between them. This article will help you plan for one of these employment authorizations by...
Read More

Green Card Options for Students through Employment and Family Petitions

As a student, you can become eligible for a Green Card and permanent residency in the U.S. through your employment by having your employer sponsor you for an EB-2 or EB-3 visa, or by having a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder family member (Spouse, Parent, Child) file a family petition for you.  Green Card...
Read More

The Job Search: When and How to Start Looking for a Post-Graduation Job

You must first ask yourself the following questions and depending on your answers, develop a strategy to get a job and work visa after your graduate and your work visa expires. When are you graduating?  What industry do you want to work in? Is it a competitive field?  Can you afford to spend several months...
Read More

Setting Yourself Up for Success Whether You Work On-Campus or Intern Off-Campus in the Summer

Many students work on campus during the semester, while others seek outside campus work experiences or internships. As an international student, you will need to factor in your student visa regulations for internships, staying on campus v. non-campus housing, going home v. staying in the U.S., having an internship that pays v. an unpaid internship,...
Read More

Which type of Student Visa to get?

You have three Student Visa Options: J-1 Visa, F-1 Visa, and M-1 Visa. What student visa you should get depends on the answers to the following questions:  What is the objective of you coming to the US? Study in a program or get training? What type of program? How long? What is the long-term goal...
Read More
1 2