L1 Visa Lawyer in NYC

New York City L1 Visa Lawyers

L1 Visa Eligibility

L-1A and L-1B visas may be issued when an employer files a petition to obtain authorization for qualified employees to be allowed to work and live in the United States.

  • The L-1A visa is for intracompany transferees who work in managerial or executive positions in a company that is located outside the United States.
  • The L-1B visa is for intracompany transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge.

Establishing New Offices

Foreign employers seeking to send an employee to the United States as an executive or manager to establish a new office must show:

  • They have a physical location for the new office;
  • The employee has been employed as an executive or manager for one continuous year in the three years before filing the petition; and
  • The new office will support an executive or managerial position within one year of the approval of the petition.

Ready to get started?

Contact our L1 visa lawyers for a free consultation or with any questions.