New York T Visa Attorneys

New York City T Visa Lawyer

Eligibility for T Visa

You may be eligible for T Visa nonimmigrant status if you meet the following criteria:

• Have been a victim of severe human trafficking
• Are currently present in the United States, American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or at a port of entry due to trafficking
• Have cooperated with law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of human trafficking (unless you were under the age of 18 at the time at least one of the acts of trafficking occurred or you are unable to cooperate due to physical or psychological trauma)
• Would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and severe harm if you were removed from the United States
• Are admissible to the United States (if you are not admissible, you may be eligible for a waiver of certain grounds of inadmissibility by submitting a Form I-192, Application for Advance Permission to Enter as a Nonimmigrant).

T Visa Intake Form

    Have you EVER been arrested deported, detained or released by any Immigration Judge or Officer?

    Partners at Chan Law Firm

    Min Chan Best Visa Lawyer in New York

    Min Chan

    Managing Partner

    Since 1998, Ms. Chan is licensed to practice law in New York and New Jersey. She is a prominent EB-5 immigration attorney who has been featured in China Daily, The Real Deal, The New York Times, EB-5 Investors Magazine and other major publications.

    Mike Coat Tie Headshot


    Government Relations

    With over 40 years of international diplomacy, Michael McClary is a retired U.S. federal executive with the Department of Energy. Mr. McClary graduated from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and served in the U.S. Army in Germany and Vietnam.

    Untitled 1


    CRX, Director of Finance

    Lamont Blackstone is the principal of G.L. Blackstone & Associates, an urban commercial real estate consulting company. With over 25 years of experience in real estate and finance, Mr. Blackstone is the recipient of the Distinguished Service Award of the Board of Trustees of the International Council of Shopping Centers.

    Ready to get started?

    Contact our immigration law firm for a free consultation or with any questions.


      Finding an Employer to File a Green Card Visa Petition for You When You Have Less than Two Years Left to Graduate or are in a Masters Degree Program as an International Student

      This article will help you to plan and strategize to maximize your options for getting a Green Card employer sponsorship before you graduate or after you graduate. Your chances of...
      Read More

      3 tips for renewing work visa

      Gather evidence and documentation in advance to make the process easier (keep in mind you need to submit the extension application 90 days early or earlier)  Discuss with your employer...
      Read More

      5 Considerations When You are an International Student and Have Both an Employer and A Spouse Who Can Petition for You for a Green Card

      You may have an employer who agreed to sponsor you for an employment visa, and also have a U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder spouse, who can petition for you....
      Read More

      5 Must Haves to Get a Temporary B-1 Business Visitor Visa

      The purpose of the trip is to enter the United States for business of a legitimate nature; The trip is for a specific limited period of time; You have sufficient...
      Read More

      Choosing the Best Student Visa for You

      You wish to study in the U.S. or participate in a specific exchange program in the U.S. However, you are unsure as to which student visa is the appropriate visa...
      Read More

      5 Tips to Look for a Job While a Student

      As an international student, on a student visa, it is a good idea to plan and strategize for a job after graduation, far in advance of your graduation and while...
      Read More

      3 Considerations in Deciding Whether to Do a Change of Status or Consular Processing to go from an F-1 Visa to J-1 Visa

      You may currently be in the U.S. on a F-1 Visa, and have been accepted into a J-1 Visa Exchange Program. You are unsure if you should go back to...
      Read More

      Comparing and Contrasting Your F-1 Student Visa Work Options: OPT v. CPT

      You may currently be in the U.S. on a F-1 Visa, and want to work. You have heard of “OPT” and “CPT” but do not know much about these employment...
      Read More