These 6 Must Haves will help to ensure you have a successful H1B Visa Petition because these are the common reasons for a Request for Evidence (RFE) or denial of an H1B Visa Petition. If you make sure your petition meets the following requirements, you will increase your chances of an approval.
- You must have an employer-employee relationship with the petitioning U.S. employer.
- Your job must qualify as a specialty occupation.
- Your job must be in a specialty occupation related to your field of study.
- The petitioning employer must submit evidence that the U.S. Department of Labor has certified a labor condition application.
- You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher; and
- An H1B visa number must be available at the time of filing the petition unless the petition is exempt from numerical limits.