Alternative Business Visas to the H-1B Visa

Because the H-1B Visa is based on a lottery system, it is a good idea to know of alternative options for work visas which you can apply for if you are not selected in the lottery system or if you do not qualify for an H-1B Visa.

Other Temporary Work Visa Options

  • O Visa – The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
  • L Visa – L-1A and L-1B visas are available for temporary intracompany transferees who work in managerial positions or have specialized knowledge.
  • B-1 Temporary Business Visitor Visa – participating in temporary business activities of a commercial or professional nature in the United States.

Green Card Work Visa Options

  • EB-1 Green Card – You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you are an alien of extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher or are a certain multinational executive or manager. 
  • EB-2 Green Card – You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a foreign national who has exceptional ability
  • EB-3 Green Card – You may be eligible for this immigrant visa preference category if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other worker.

Each of these visas have their own set of requirements and information. We recommend learning more about each potential visa to see which could be alternative options for you. 

Related Posts