Going from H-1B to EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3 Green Card


Family Petition 

If your spouse is a US Citizen or Green Card Holder, they can petition for you. An U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder parent also petition for you. Additionally, if you happen to have an U.S. Citizen child over the age of 21, they can petition for you. 

Green Card Based Options: EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3

You can apply for a Green Card through a Green Card based work visa. 

  • EB-1 – You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you are an alien of extraordinary ability, are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a certain multinational executive or manager. 
  • EB-2 – You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a foreign national who has exceptional ability
  • EB-3 – You may be eligible for this immigrant visa preference category if you are a skilled worker, professional, or other worker.

Related Posts