These 5 top tips will help you build strong evidence to meet the O-1 Visa requirement of “Membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought which require outstanding achievements of members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in the field”. They will help you to show the association is distinguished and not everyone can be a member of that organization or association.
- Join more than one distinguished organization or association, although one association that can qualify as “distinguished” can be sufficient.
- Join an organization or association where you have to submit a detailed application and there are some selection criteria you must meet before you can even apply.
- Have a leadership position that plays a role in some critical events or running of the association that impacts people within the industry, who are not members of the association.
- Show that an association reached out to you to invite you to join because of your extraordinary qualifications and that such an invitation is very rare.
- Have documentary evidence of the invitation to join, the selection criteria for membership in the association, and evidence of how the association is distinguished or plays an important role in the industry.